Saturday, September 10, 2011

You spoke to me in a dream tonight

You spoke to me in a dream tonight,
It felt so close and yet so far away, lost when I opened my eyes

And yet I could feel your breath, you felt so real to me
Like a moment in time that was meant to be timed in eternity.

You spoke to me from a distance, not knowing what I spoke back,
Not knowing if I will remember, my words fade that which my recollections lack.

You spoke to me like a friend who was never lost back in time,
And yet I can't seem to shake what we had left far behind.
It came to me like a walk, like a conversation we never had,
Before we went separate ways, the reasons we could never look back.

I think of times that were left behind, why we never asked "why" instead,
Why we never chose to whisper , like a fight we would never pick up again.

You spoke to me like nothing happened, like everything was just fine,
As we stood there painting memories in our head, like the moment endless in time.

I spoke to you about who we were, before we forgot ourselves,
Before everyone who knew us remained behind in memories that we dwell.

You smiled as though we knew things have moved on, and we could start a new,
Like a friendship we never lost, just a phase we knew we could get through.

You came to me in a dream as the sun set and as we spoke till the night was by my side,
As I kept hoping things were just that real, when I would finally open I eyes.

You spoke to me in a dream tonight, if only I could remember what,
How it made sense somehow then and now it seems like things have moved along.

I live in dreams tonight, I had the conversation I never got a chance to have,
Knowing it all meant something, things I wish real life would have said instead.

You spoke to me in a dream tonight with words I can no longer remember
If I only knew things were different now, somehow it was real, it mattered.

I know I can't reach back to you, I can never have the same dream again,
I keep hoping I got my answers tonight, and if not I hope you find the one's you were looking for instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment