Sunday, February 13, 2011

I don't love you because. .


I don’t love how the day ends today or how tomorrow begins,
Just how different tomorrow is, and how much is unseen

I don’t love the rain on my face, sunshine on a cold winter day,
Just the fact that when I need to, I can still feel them today

I don’t love that you were there, or when you go away,
Just the feeling I can still be myself once more and yet insane

I don’t love promises that were made and yet never fulfilled in time,
And yet I look forward to be honest to you, to what truly is mine

I don’t love you like strands of music or even pages of a book,
I just love you because of everything you are, when I have no where to look,


 

I don’t love you because of special days and presents still,
I just simply love you for the time you spend with me of your own free will

I don’t love you because you define what I can or cannot be,
I love you because in spite of all that, you take me for what is the real “me”

I don’t love you because you changed beyond what I understand,
I love you because you tell me sometimes in life we cannot pretend

I don’t love you because of faith or trust or even honest regrets,
I just love you because of times I knew would always last,
                                                                  Some that we could never forget.

I don’t love you because you chose to be different, far away,
I just loved you, because I believed atleast my friend was here to stay

I don’t love you because of what I feel, and what I can and cannot take back,
I just know I loved you with my friendship, something true that’s all I had.

I don’t love you, because you tell me you can never be in love,
I just loved you because I wanted to know how much love was enough

I don’t love you because you are always mine,
But rather because you will always be far away and yet. . .
                                                                          . . . .with me till the end of time


1 comment: