Saturday, January 29, 2011

Would I . . .


Would I change my name just tonight?
Would I be insane would I put up a fight?

Would it matter somehow if you are in the next room or far away?
When I pick up the phone tonight I know I have nothing to say.

Will it just be another sunrise or another sunset as the day gets over,
Why do things keep getting close as you seem to move farther?

Why do some questions matter tonight and some really don’t.
I ask myself will I simply change, or I won’t?


Would I really change myself to find a friend in you?
If not someone I love, someone so true.

What do I have to prove, I seem to falter every time.
Why I haven’t stopped thinking about you, since the clock struck time.

Will I find an answer tonight to the questions I was to ask?
Or an answer to atleast one of them, will I find a chance.

Won’t I get to know how lonely it gets in the night?
When things may stay just where they are, but we move away from our sights.

Would you sit with me this night; will you help me sing my song?
I know we have no rhythm tonight, but a hope that we rhyme when we sing along.

In the beauty of tonight will I once stare at the glimpse you gave?
Would I really find my answers? in your memories that remain.


No comments:

Post a Comment