Friday, April 16, 2010

My Farewell Message this farewell..

We all start out quite the same mostly when we come to college. The same set of haircuts and mono colour shirts and the things that defined our first year of college. Somewhere down the line all this changes and we define what we feel defines us in some way or the other. We stick to identities that we seem to change for ourselves and the one which we find along the way.
One can be a lot of things today, on the one day that we acknowledge the fact that we are all going away, and soon enough these lawns, the place outside the hostel section and the old reading room will not be visited by us. I remember how we wasted so much money in the canteen and it seems even though our pockets grow deeper now with jobs and offers that old canteen grows farther away.
Very soon, I believe in the next couple of days we will be flooded with phone numbers, emails and contact addresses of people who formed an important part of our lives and vice versa. I like to think we don’t really forget to find time for these people, it’s just that priorities change and somewhere, somehow our commitments are overshadowed by these.
“Friends are like that garden that you promise yourself you will attend to, and somewhere down the line you tend to forget that you had a garden filled with so many beautiful people. Friends will never lose importance in your lives they will just get replaced by new people, new faces and new lives that we will be a part of.”
We often share our lives with more than those we believe we ever will; we sing songs more often than we often give ourselves credit for. That the pause, that the fading away, and the one brief moment..............before it all ends seems everlasting, or at least we wish for that.
People often say change is a part of life; it’s a part of a bigger or smaller reality and the faster we accept it, we can move on with our lives. The one thing that no one tells you is what you are moving towards or away from in life.
I wonder why we need one day to look back at everything that has gone by, and the fact that we often ascertain to ourselves, that realization comes late in life. I talk about this day as though something great has ended, to tell you the truth it has in some way. I am also excited about what lies ahead, the days that I will make our lives meaningful in some way or the other.
I have had fights and yet shared peaceful times together, I have share some amazing times and some grim times that I have gone through. I have been saddened but have always found people to life my spirits. I have found reasons that deter the way in which I move forward and more reasons to keep moving in that very same direction. I have had tech kidos, and grand kids and more, I have been a friend, I have been in love, I have forgotten and forgiven, and I have lived many relations.
I have shared lunches, night outs and topo glass. I have shared ideas, thoughts, ideologies and some amazing talk about life that boys would most often never admit having at the top of the roof some odd time of the week, when the sun has set. I have been there for birthday bashes and bumps alike, I have been there when there was a reason. But the most important thing is the time I have been there for people without a reason, just for the sake of being.
If I tell you tonight that I have nothing to regret about, it would be a lie, one which I am not willing to tell you tonight. But I think I have always found more things that went right that wrong. I look at so many faces when they come out of school and come to this college to gain a quality education. And here is something that I would like to comment on, I being a peer have a part to play as a student and as a teacher and I think somewhere somehow we have failed in terms of faith, in terms of enthusiasm and the hope that something amazing can be achieved.
I find amazing people sitting here in some way or the other. There’s reason to believe that there’s something more that is added to our spirits apart from the wonderful clothes we wear and the things we carry.
In the times to come I can only hope that this spirit, and this warm hearts will have many memories to cherish. That this today and tonight is not “good bye”.
I would always tell something to myself very often, I share this with you too;
“Life is not perfect, it never is, and it is finding meaning to this imperfection that makes it beautiful.”

I would often live with memories hoping they would never change,
I often stick to the truth and hope it would make sense,
I would often live in hope that someday I would live my life,
I tell myself I have to try harder tonight, I have to strive.
I find myself walking on a marred lonely road tonight,
I keep walking a long way I miss your presence by my side,
O sweet goodbye and warm handshakes tonight,
Let me be free from you, let me never say bye,
O sweet night tonight, let me not have tomorrow,
This farewell let me live with my sorrow,
O empty heart let me not find you tonight,
For I can't find a place to keep my thoughts
And no reason left to put up a fight.



“Good luck”

No comments:

Post a Comment