Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chances are..


Chances are; we are never wrong or right,
Chances are; we are never trying to win, maybe just trying to lose a fight

Chances are; it’s too late already, for the good to be better and the bad to be worse
Chances are; we can only find ecstasy in all that we remorse,


Chances are we had our last fights, our last goodbyes and handshakes,
Chances are we have already broken; what all we could make,

Chances are; things have already changed ahead in time,
Chances are; we were much more than friends, when my friendship was "yours" and your was "mine"

Chances are; the music I made, the songs I wrote have been forgotten like their verse,
Chances are; the letters to be written, will remain unwritten for lack of words

Chances are; our feelings will never truly change in the journey called life,
Chances are; we have moved on, more than ever, but we have survived

Chances are; every right that you thought, was never wrong to begin,
Chances are; all we live for is a reason, and the reasons lie unseen

Chances are; we will always fight, with no reason, and yet never complain,
Chances are; we are only scared of one thing and that one thing is "change"

Chances are; the times I have let go of things, I have never realized,
Chances are; those things were never mine to begin with, just a phase in time

Chances are; this poem; these words will fade in my memory so strong,
Chances are; I was never praying or hoping for perfect, I just knew “this is where I belonged”

Chances are; I may not get to write and yet my words don’t seem to fade,
Chances are; my voice will fade too but my warm heart, and my friendship remains.

1 comment: