Saturday, November 13, 2010

We remain.....

I write today with my heart's delight,
I may not have won but I know I put up a fight.

I write today with expressions so strong,
And meaning to my words that seem lost all along.

Everywhere tonight I find u both in shadows and in the light,
Trying to be different, and yet the same by my side.

Every choice I make today, seems a distant truth that changed,
And every time I try I know I am only making amends

It may not be a feeling, just a memory I can’t seem to forget,
Or simply an understanding that in time I fairly regret.

I may not take a chance, make a difference anymore,
I comfort myself in telling, I was with you for all the walks down the shore.

In the yesterday and the tomorrow, that for ever liese unseen,
I can nevr blame the times that have been true and those that have not been,

 If I could write poems, so simple & sings songs that made sense,
I wish I knew if I could make bigger differences and our lives we could change

If I could tell you something tonight, in the hope you’ll understand,
I would tell you it was warm inside, when I simply held your hand.

Truth is how I hold my memories so close, so deep,
A distant journey and my life unseen.

For you to be a part, to be a difference somehow,
I changed in every way, knowing if things did matter, it matters now.

For this to be a different day to be a better choice tonight,
I look for only a different hope, & to know in my heart I tried.

I may find it harder to be indifferent, harder to change,
But tonight in some pages of my life still, our memory remains.

"we" remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment