Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Human Addiction

I wonder about this human connection
I question whether it’s possible to have a human addiction

Whether on some level, we all find that; which is but different,
Somewhere, somehow just a feeling that stays dormant.

I find a different reason, to be with or without,
And yet I find no reasons for the feelings that change & the thoughts that surround.

Different choices every day, the difference we make in each other’s lives,
And often unseen, and the changes for which we seem to strive.

To be ourselves with someone, to be different and yet who we are,
To live our dreams as though it matters most; when we are far.

I pack my bags tonight; and leave out everything that matters around you,
And yet my addiction grows with days, as I can’t see to reach through.

I can’t think of a better reason to tell you why I need an explanation,
I cannot shake this feeling that you aren’t there, and yet I am addicted to this allegation.

I think of a reason whether it’s possible to be bored tonight,
With the people who mattered to me, who’s definition I fail to revive.

I choose not to look at places I was, & the people I chose,
As I find my life awakened and my day coming to a close.

I sit back in my room today and wait for my feelings to subside,
Whether I am addicted to another human; never crosses my mind.

In every way and every step of the feeling that aren’t true,
I often look for answers, one’s that no longer reaches out to you.

I wait for things to get better, to see if things are different today,
I just seem to love the addiction much more and the feeling that I’ll be “okay”.

No comments:

Post a Comment