Thursday, December 2, 2010

My friend undefined . .

I fiddle with my words, my thoughts tonight,
I wonder how to put them true, how do I write

I ponder upon my past, knowing it hard to fight,
I wonder if your try the same, every single night.

I pour myself with questions, and wish for no regrets tonight,
When I look at my friends, and my past losing sight,

So hard to give up sometimes, so hard to give in,
So hard to accept that things change, always from what they have been.


I sit with my doubts, and fears and unwound change,
As I tell you things will often go by, but impressions remain

I sometimes believe that life isn't fair,
I sit with you telling you of moments that are no longer there

I am right there lost and yet sitting by your side,
I know that there are some things I can never abide,

No questions asked today, no complains to tell,
Just an old friend and friendship & an old tale

I may not be a beginning, and may not find you an end,
But all I can offer you is endless time and a wonderful friend.

A friend finds hope in the darkest of time,
And yet that best of friendship remains undefined

2 comments: