Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fifteen minutes this year


Just these fifteen minutes let me forget everything ahead,
Just let my past be the last thought to put me to bed.

Just these fifteen minutes let me not have a conflict in my mind,
Let me simply let go of all the fights I have left behind.

Just these fifteen minutes let my words search for meaning tonight,
As I look for my soul and what I have become in my own sight.

Just these fifteen minutes let me not be guilty any more,
Let me be rid of all the burdens that I drag along, as I swim for shore

Just this fifteen minutes, let the smell, the taste of yesterday forever linger in my heart,
Just keep me moving on and reminding me when and where to start.

 
Just these fifteen minutes, let there be true meaning to unfold,
As I look back upon all that has been and all that remains untold.

Just these fifteen minutes let my regrets, my anguish find absolution,
Just this once, in my past let me find my bit of inspiration.

Just this once when I know the day is no longer here to remind me all that’s left behind,
Let me simply have hope in my heart, and believe tomorrow will bring a new sunshine

Just these fifteen minutes let me remember my rhythm my song,
And just this once let me find someone to sing along,just this once.

Just these fifteen minutes even if nothing changes ahead,
Let me keep moving on, and hoping there’s a different plan for me instead.

Just these fifteen minutes let me have faith, let me believe in wishes for real,
As I look in my past, in my good and bad times, let my path reveal

Just these fifteen minutes as I tread upon my lonely footsteps tonight,
Let me just find a reason in my heart, for which I knew I put up a fight

Just these fifteen minutes as the year comes to an end and the new one begins,
Let me let go; of what’s yesterday and hope to find what remains unseen

No comments:

Post a Comment