Friday, November 13, 2009

I don't promise....


I don't promise bigger changes,
I just promise different ways,
I don't promise a timely hi or bye
I just promise if you are ready with you I can fly
I don't promise you'll notice when I leave,
I just promise for the big changes in your life I will be,
I don't promise a silent holding hand,
I just promise you'll not remember, time will fly just like sand,
I don't promise a hand and heart to hold,
I just promise when you are wrong I will scold,
I don't promise for you I will sing a song,
I just promise I will be there always to sing along,
I don't promise a long walk by the beach nor a silent sunset together,
I just promise you are felt, in my memories forever,
I don't promise a different page a different chapter,
I just promise that in the changes I can make, I will alter,
I don't promise a horizon and a golden sunset,
I just promise you'll find me when your eyes turn hazy and wet,
I don't promise that my mind will let me be,
I just promise I am happy the way you are, gentle and free,
I don't promise to be the change,the answer you are looking for,
I just promise to be the lost friend you might be looking for,
I don't promise if tomorrow I will come back,
I just promise I know I keep coming, there's a lot I lack,
I don't promise that my writing will be read by the world,
I just promise I'll keep writing,since you told me to give it a swirl,
I don't promise that I will percieve the truth tonight,
I just promise sometimes it won't matter if you are wrong or right,
I don't promise you are a good friend, a best friend or just a silent night,
I just know I never chose friendship, my friend yet I cannot lose your sight,
I don't promise a clear path everyday,
I just promise a lot of courage to move along all the way,
I don't promise a difference,a change that alters tomorrow,
I just promise more things to be happy and of lesser sorrow,
I don't promise I will be right or wrong tonight,
I just promise that for those that are right I will always put up a fight,
I don't promise I won't change with time,
I just promise for those who were close will always be mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment