Friday, November 13, 2009

Let today be of a different tomorrow


Let today be of a different tomorrow,

A place where my words are mine and not borrowed,

Let today be the difference I find in you,

Let tonight be more than just me and you,

Let today be like the rain washing away what remains,

Let today be of a faint smile not of pain.

Let today linger like the setting sun never gone,

Let today remind me of who I have become.

Let today be about a warm sunshine for your & my heart,

Let today be of dead ends when I don't want to start,

Let today be lost in the pages & stains of ink,

Or the memories of life that I know changes with a brink,

Let today be of a long distance call,

Let today be free from apologies & no one to take the fall,

Let today be of a different meaning, of a sense every day,

Let today be of the story that I may never be able to say,

Let today be of the dream that was too real to be true,

Let today not only be about me but how I find myself in you,

Let today be far from cold shoulder and handshakes so cold,

Let today be more than a friendship that is faded and old,

Let today be about an unborn tomorrow,

A place to live our lives with roads that aren’t narrow,

Let today be about all the misunderstanding the fear that lies deep within,

Let today be more than mere reflections but time to bring the changes we heed,

Let today be about friendship so beautiful and true in it’s from,

Let there we warmth in a relationship that have lost value on their own,

Sitting like old pages of the long written diary still,

Am I ready to turn the pages, do I have the will.

Let today be about broken promises, about words be fail to keep,

Let today be more than broken hearts that yearn for words to weep,

Let today be about faith, about hope that things can happen for a change tonight,

Let today be more than a day when just another day, a hope that you’ll give it a fight,

Let tonight be of a perfect sleep, so nightmares, no dreams to keep me awake,

Let tonight be of a silent heart, of the one that stopped beating long before it could start,

And for those who can still hear the faint beats still waiting to come,

I am what I am, what I find in you and what I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment